Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

QSI 540 Anybody ????

hi john

its fantastic camera and has never given me a problem, i have the version with off axis guider and internal filter wheel running through maxim and it runs very smooth :icon_rolleyes:

the build quality of the camera is second to none, and because the wheel is internal i find it introduces no flexure to the imaging train. In fact its that good i have ordered the new 583 for narrowband work ;)

if you need any specific info just let me know

yes the 583 will be in mono as i am hoping to marry it to my my baader narrowband filters, it suits short focal length scopes and gives a very small pixel size with big sensitive chip.It also has a pretty high QE and a good well depth so is a great all round camera at not a bad price.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for all the info.

I have sent an e-mail off to ask about price/delivery.

I have loads of astro stuff I hardly ever use - so I think a bit of a sale is on the cards.

John

Hi Steve,

Wrong John I think - my DMK came from Bern at Modern Astronomy.

Further to what we were talking about - the 583 would give about 1.4 arcsec/pixel with my 130mm F6 APO - pretty good ??

John

Archived