Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Orion's Sword - Zeta Orionis

Bloom

This is a reprocessing of old data. My first choice for a telephoto lens was a manual focus Nikon 180mm AI ED f/2.8 - very nice lens, and cheap on ebay, but it had some colour fringing, which in astronomical images shows. Later, I replaced it with a Canon 200mm f/2.8, which is much better, but with which I haven't imaged the Orion area yet. In my new effort of postprocessing I mainly used Imagesplus, and managed to remove the significant vertical banding the initial stack had (reading the manuals of the products always pays off... ). 

25x2min, Nikon 180mm ED f/2,8, stopped at f/4, CG5 mount, Canon EOS 40d. Guiding: Starlight Xpress Lodestar with Stellarvue FV50 9x50 finderscope, and PHD. Image scale is 6.53 arcsec/pixel. Image processing was done with IRIS, Astroart 5, Imagesplus 6.5, and Paint Shop Pro X5

Orion's Sword - Zeta Orionis.jpg

Edited by Bloom
  • Like 4