NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Camera finder scopes?

Because of the tight surroundings of my tiny observatory (just a garden storage box), it can be impossible to use the finder scope in most directions as there just isn't room for me to get to it.

So I'm wondering if there is a small camera/electronic finder scope around or maybe using a small guide scope that would suit.

I'm using a EQ3/2 with goto and a Skymax127. This will get my target on screen if I use my crop sensor DSLR. But then I have to centre the target before then having to take the dlsr off and then add my planetary camera. This is a lot of faffing about and I wondered if there was any other way of doing it?

Plate solving is your friend. I never did like manually framing, more hassle than it's worth. If youve got a laptop handy plate solving via free software like NINA will open your eyes to much easier astronomy.

• Like 1