Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Looking for a 2" 54mm thread low profile Click lock equivalent.

Hi all,

I have a Baader 2" 54mm thread Click Lock on a Quattro. It is great for consistent collimating and imaging.

However I have had to raise the Primary mirror to achieve focus and this has introduced funky diffraction patterns I think.

I did have a 3d printed aperture mask on the primary which helped a bit but recently removed it. (DUH)

The pattern has varied from time to time and may be where the primary ends up after collimation?

The click lock wastes something like 30mm of back focus!

Has anyone seen a low profile version, Artesky do an M72 one. Baader say they have not intension of making one?

I am trying to make use of some clear skies at last and dont wan't to waste photons by experimenting.

Attached image is an early draft done in PI.

IC434.thumb.jpg.dfd9bacad75c4c929709c0967b0e5482.jpg

Edited by focaldepth
Added 2"

• focaldepth changed the title to Looking for a 2" 54mm thread low profile Click lock equivalent.

To expand and to some extent answer my own question.

The Baader Click lock is my preferred attachment to the Q10 focuser but I have the Primary mirror as close to the secondary as I dare.

I have MPCC -> M42 ->SX wheel ->spacer -> ASI2600 and that give me 57.5 from Baader M48 thread.

I am going to try (when new ZWO EFW arrives) MPCC -> Spacers -> ZWO EFW ->ASI 2600.

Hopefully the MPCC and spacers will disappear into the Focuser allowing me to lower the primary again.

My theory being the optics are seeing mirror edges because the primary is too high.