Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

HEQ5 Pro Tracking issue

DBlez

Hi,

I am having issues with my mount .

Tracking arbitrarily stops working. Until a few months ago it was working perfectly.

It will restart immediately I click on the tracking icon ( HEQMod) but I am unable to see why this is happening.  It makes photography pretty well impossible

An error comes up on PHD, unable to connect with RA.

Thought initially it might be a software conflict so a new laptop with a complete new installation of everything. ASCOM, PHD, HQmod, NINA

I have ordered a new power cable  but if it were a bad connection then why would it start immediately on clicking the tracking icon in HQMod ?

My son who is much more experienced than I am is equally baffled.

Has anyone had any experience of this or suggestions

How are you connecting to the mount, is it a USB cable into the handset, EQDIR cable replacing the handset or ST4? Which ever you're using, have you tried a different cable (assuming you have a spare)?

As Martin has stated we need a little more info. In addition to the points mentioned can you explain in detail how the mount is powered, and if you have access to a test meter to verify the voltage the mount is receiving.  When you say HQMod are you referring to EQMOD software ?