NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

(re-processed) Crescent Nebula

AstroGS

This was a test I did at the end of 2022, where I was playing around a little bit with the Am5, the Stellamira 90ED Triplet, the 2600MC and the Antlia Duo Band filter. Managed to capture 17 frames of 600 sec each + calibration frames.

Back then, I did a quick processing attempt but, I never actually spent enough time as I thought the data was not enough for a better result. But, with the help GradientXpert and the Terminator suite, the result is really nice - at least to my eyes - and I do start to like the wide field view of the crescent nebula.

I hope you enjoy it as well 🙂

Crescent.jpg

Edited by AstroGS
  • Like 14

Really nice image. I also use the SM90EDT but as I’ve the small sensor 533MCPro I shot this using a Redcat51. I’m still struggling to bring out the soap bubble which is just staring to show in the starless image but hoping to get another hour before it dips into the trees this year.starless_result_ngc6888.thumb.jpeg.364de31185f66d3692ee570e3d534608.jpeg

• Like 2

On 13/12/2023 at 21:32, Martthebass said:

Really nice image. I also use the SM90EDT but as I’ve the small sensor 533MCPro I shot this using a Redcat51. I’m still struggling to bring out the soap bubble which is just staring to show in the starless image but hoping to get another hour before it dips into the trees this year.starless_result_ngc6888.thumb.jpeg.364de31185f66d3692ee570e3d534608.jpeg

I think a bit of blurx and noisex will make it look very nice!

5 hours ago, Richard_ said:

Lovely image! I've prefer the Crescent in this type of colour palette, I find the red and blue offer a nice contrast in colour. 

It actually makes me miss the Antlia dual band gold filter - it is probably the best such filter in the market for OSC.

And it also re-iterates the fact that some times even 2-3 hors of data are enough!

2 hours ago, AstroGS said:

I think a bit of blurx and noisex will make it look very nice!

I’m not on Pixinsight…..this was Siril and PS. My laptop really isn’t up to Pixi so I’m sticking with Siril at the minute.

• Like 1