Why Starquest is not popular???

It have been few years for the Sky-watcher Starquest series and I have found it rare on the internet. You can't find Starquest Telescopes (except the ones for sale) on the internet. And also no reviews about it. 

Why is it? I own a Sky-watcher Starquest 130p but don't see it popular on the internet. 

Are there someone who owns a Starquest Telescope? And is it really rare.

This is my scope.IMG_20231205_160323.thumb.jpg.d2a58fea24914d344bbfbedea99cf251.jpg

Hoping for responses!

Nikolai

40 minutes ago, Mr Spock said:

FLO has these for sale. It quotes "NOTE: The StarQuest 130P telescope has a non-collimateable primary mirror." and I suspect that may be a reason for their lack of popularity.

Are they really going out of collimation? And isn't it possible to collimate if it goes out of collimation?

44 minutes ago, Nikolai De Silva said:

Are they really going out of collimation? And isn't it possible to collimate if it goes out of collimation?

Hopefully, it left the factory in near-perfect collimation. With the mirror bonded in place, there is not a lot that can cause it to move, so should hold collimation very well. I guess the biggest worry amongst the connoisseurs in here is that you cannot improve the fixed collimation by studying the Airey rings of stars, but that does not make it inherently bad.

My 200P was collimated months ago and has not been touched since. I checked it last week and it is still in collimation. It is unlikely that you will be able to find a way to collimate your telescope without a complete strip-down and rebuild, but will you ever need to? As long as the mirror is good, you should be OK.

• Like 1