NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

EQ6-R Developed a heartbeat?

Making the most of a crisp clear night last night, I left an autorun on the ASIAIR. 14 sub frames in, the guiding started to play up. It seemed to be in RA only, but would wildly swing from one side of the graph to the other, and looking at it, it resembles a response to an instruction to dither? I cancelled the autorun and guiding and checked everything over - The balance on both axes (slightly east heavy on RA), for any cable snags, stiction on the axes, cable connections, that the mount was locked down after PA, anything loose, but couldn't find anything obvious. I recalibrated the guiding and resumed autorun. After 3 subs, it did it again. I cancelled and restarted. After 3 subs, again. After a meridian flip it seemed to run just fine. 

I've loaded the SD card into my laptop to have a look at the guiding log but there is no log there. I wonder if the firmware or whatever itself that controls guiding has thrown a bug and needs updating? Really not sure. Sorry about the bad pictures, but just to help illustrate. Any ideas?

Light_Flaming Star_300.0s_Bin1_gain101_20231124-215407_-5.0C_0027.fit

Light_Flaming Star_300.0s_Bin1_gain101_20231124-201302_-5.0C_0014.fit

20231124_220454.thumb.jpg.3b529091f86025a0cd14eba806972c97.jpg

Edited by OK Apricot
  • Like 1

Prob not the cause buy have you took the cover off the side of the mount and checked the belt? Looks very regular corrections. That said, the guiding part of the ASIAir is a bit suspect anyway. Usually reports better guiding than is typical for the class of mount. I have another thread on this.

• 2 weeks later...