NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My second image of Jupiter.

bosun21

I was out last night capturing Jupiter again. The only opportunity i had was well before it reached its maximum elevation. The seeing wasn't too good but i had to give it a go anyway. This was the best 15% of a two minute capture at 186 FPS. 150mm Maksutov ASI585MC. I'm still getting to know the software properly.

New0000.png

18_38_24_pipp_jupiter new_lapl5_ap55.jpg

Edited by bosun21
  • Like 9

2 minutes ago, bosun21 said:

I just ran it through Registax 6 again and added the result. I don't really like sharpening too much. Thoughts anyone.

It's difficult to be certain examining that small scale image on my laptop, but it looks as if the additional sharpening has brought out some noise. It has that slightly speckled look from sharpening the high frequency detail/noise.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Geof. I knew that i went a bit too far with it. I'm learning that with poor seeing no amount of processing will bring out details that simply are not there. I have a load of SER files so i will continue to practice on them.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bosun21 said:

Thanks Geof. I knew that i went a bit too far with it. I'm learning that with poor seeing no amount of processing will bring out details that simply are not there. I have a load of SER files so i will continue to practice on them.

If you have several SERs from the same session, then it is definitely worth taking a look at WinJupos to derotate and stack the TIFFs you are creating from each SER. I know that just more stuff to learn, but it can significantly increase the SNR of the final stack. Based on the image you posted above, I think it will respond well to stacking more data. If Maybe even try 20%, 25% or 30% of the single SER to see if it will take a bit more. It's always a bit of a balancing act.....

Good luck.

• Thanks 1