NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What's the best way to connect a Celestron avx mount to asiair

Hi,

Can any one please help me, I'm trying to connect my Celestron avx mount to the asiair mini. I have been reading and I get the impression that  you have to use a USB lead from the handcontroler to the asiair. Or is there  another way of contacting it.

Tim

Hi, I've recently connected my ancient Celestron  AS GT to my ASI air plus and wonder if the same process works with the AVX?

Firstly if your mount doesn't have a USB socket you'll need a https://www.firstlightoptics.com/celestron-mounts/lynx-astro-ftdi-usb-to-serial-adapter-for-celestron-handsets-5m.html#about_this_product

I found I couldn't power the mount from air plus, so I've used 2 power sources- one for the air plus & one for the mount.  Connect everything up but DON'T power any thing yet. Power up the mount first and do a 1 star alignment, then go into utilities , select the home option and Enter. Turn on the air plus and open the app , you should find the mount is recognised, this can be confirmed by seeing if the direction buttons move the mount.

Hope this helps

Rob