Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Case for Skymax 127 OTA

Just received a new (to me) Skymax 127 on the old AZ GOTO mount. An excellent little set up for portable observing.

I was wondering about a case for the OTA to store and protect it, but I didn't fancy spending a lot.  Fortunately, with the original end foam supports it is a perfect fit in this Stanley 19" toolbox. Currently available from the usual online retailers (eg, https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stanley-1-92-066-192066-19-inch-Toolbox/dp/B0001IWAS6?th=1) for about £20.

The model number is 1-92-066. Check that, because there are other 19" Stanley boxes with very similar numbers that may not fit.

You are even left with a handy organiser tray (that won't fit the box with the scope in) for observing sessions.

Box1.jpg

Box2.jpg

Box3.jpg

Box4.jpg

• Like 4

Good find.  I use a similar toolbox to hold my miscellaneous small astro accessories that won't easily break.  I have an identical toolbox to that one I keep my camping accessories in.

I keep my 127 Mak in a large, 1980s vintage padded Tamrac case intended for the giant video cameras of the day.  I picked it up from ebay 20 years ago for $20 lightly used.  The camera it came with was dead, so it went in the trash.  I kept video accessories in the case for years until I got the Mak.  I then moved those accessories into other, smaller cases to retask the giant case for the scope.