Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Half a Gecko...

Fegato

I suppose I've not been imaging seriously for that long - just over 4 years, but this is certainly the worst spell of weather here I can remember (with the focus on clear nights, although possibly anyway). Horrible since the end of June, and I've got used to July to September being pretty productive, so quite depressing really.  

I planned a 2 panel mosaic of LBN437 (the Gecko) and parts of Sh2-126, and wanted to capture a good wide field around it including the trail of dust away to the corner that you see in this image. I managed 56 minutes on this panel in reasonable conditions on 25 August. However, the second panel attempt in early September was plagued with hazy cloud and various issues, meaning that mosaic really doesn't work, and those subs need binning (meaning dustbin rather than the other sort of binning 🙂). No further moonless opportunities have arisen.

My forecast here into November looks atrocious, so I fear this target is going to disappear for another year. So here it is - half a Gecko... 

sh2-126 p1 stretch.jpg

• Like 12