NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SH2-132 - Lion Nebula in SHO this time

Budgie1

Following on from my HOO image of the Lion Nebula, on the 24th October I managed to get 3h20m of Sii data (I would have liked to taken more Ha at the time, but I had to get up in the morning :unsure:).

So I added the Sii data to the Ha & Oiii I already had and re-stacked the lot in PI's WBPP. I then processed it this evening and came up with this.

This image was taken between the 14th & 24th October using the ZWO ASI1600MM Pro set to -10°C, Gain 139, Offset 50, using the WO Z73 III with adjustable flattener, on a HEQ5 with belt mod.

It consists of:

• Baader 3.5nm Ha - 3h35m
  • Baader 4nm Oiii - 3h20m
  • Baader 8nm Sii - 3h20m

Processed in PI and only the Ha stars have been used for this image. I made it quite light to show the background dust around this nebula, so the centre is a bit bright, but I'm quite pleased with it. :D

Do the clicky thing for full res. ;)

Sh2-132_LionNebula_SHO_24102023_10h15m.thumb.png.6beb082f051f0ad6201eb45fb42737d4.png

• Like 7