Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Advice for upgrades for Celestron DX-5

So after having my scope for a few months now I’ve decided to get some upgrades for it(Xmas isn’t far off so I’m getting my list in early lol)

I’m looking at upgrading the diagonal, getting a Barlow lens and phone adapter.

The phone adapter seems to be the easy one as a lot of people have recommended the Celestron xyz but I’m unsure on the diagonal and Barlow.

I’ve been looking at the SvBony SV188P dielectric diagonal, is this a good choice and will it make a lot of difference in the seeing? And sticking with SvBony I’ve also read good things regarding their Barlows, any thoughts?

I bought the SvBony 7.2-21.6mm zoom which I’m very pleased with so I’ve not included any eyepieces in my upgrade list.

Feel free to suggest anything else that you may think would be a good upgrade to the scope as I’m still very much a beginner in all of this and would appreciate any suggestions.