Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A slice of milkyway with a wizard in the middle (aka Cepheus area of Milky Way)

powerlord

Well.. this didn't really turn out as well as I'd hoped to be honest. Not helped by the fact my camera 1/2 fell off the mount during the meridian flip as I forgot to tightening it!! Amazing it didn't drop. Nor when I touched it in the morning, found out it was loose and it did fall - luckily my cat like reflexes caught it. they don't call me cat boy for nothing! or at all in fact..anyway - lucky escape, but the images after the meridian flip were skewed (but  still ok) - leading to a need for some major cropping.

I rotated it a bit, as it feels better on the eye to me that way.

Top left, is half of IC1396, going over through the wizard, lobster claw, etc and over in the bottom right - NGC7822 (I think).

Starless included to have a hope of identifying nebulas.

It was shot with my canon 6d at iso 3200 with my Canon 70-200 f2.8 L USM IS at 70mm, shut down to F4.

120 sec subs. 9 hours of them.

Light pollution a bit of an issue - but also I didn't have a lens shield - I think sticking a cone around it next time in addition to the dew shield would have helped a lot.

It was nice to see noise dropping off to near zero with so many hours of integration though, and some areas of dark bits still showing nicely.

MilkyWayCepheus.thumb.jpg.08a0e35485ef8294ca92b38ea6ce3567.jpg

MilkyWayCepheus-starless.thumb.jpg.81b44536b415ad2f9d388fd3b93102d5.jpg

• Like 3