PrimaLuce Eagle Core IP Address Initial Setup

Hello

Has anyone got one of these PrimaLuce Eagle Core's?

I am trying to do the setup but can't figure out the IP address. I have tried the standard 192.168.137.1 & 192.168.4.1, but no joy. 

image.thumb.jpeg.da183962ab1212d1b704211f21212953.jpeg

Many thanks

If your unit has an HDMI port and is running a version of Linux, connect a monitor and keyboard to it and in a terminal window type

ifconfig

It will scroll a list down the screen. Go through that list and find the IPV4 address in the form you expect.

Edited by Mandy D

12 minutes ago, Mandy D said:

If your unit has an HDMI port and is running a version of Linux, connect a monitor and keyboard to it and in a terminal window type

ifconfig

It will scroll a list down the screen. Go through that list and find the IPV4 address in the form you expect.

Hi No HDMI port. I don't even know what version of Eagle this is.

I found the IP address, now all I get from the Remote Desktop is...

Couldn't Connect.

'Something went wrong when we tried to Connect. If this keeps happening, ask your admin or tech support for help.'

Cheers

OK it's a MkII apparantly, I finally found the IP address 192.168.4.51, to be told that there's already been a previous remote setup.

So 365astronomy.com I brought this off must have had it returned did not clear the settings and are selling units that are no longer supported by Primalucelab (Discontinued).

So makes me wonder how long before Mk V's are not supported after people have spent thousands on them.

If you see these units for sale guys and think it's a good deal, your just throwing money in the air.

I'm gonna stick with my laptop.

• 2 weeks later...

Solved, I had to get a network cable and plug it into my router. Using address 192.168.0.250, I got in, updated and reset the wifi.

Though I can now access with my laptop or desktop, I still can't 'remote desktop' the unit from my phone. Kind of negates the purpose if I still have to take my laptop out with me.

Anyway, clear skies (Haha! living in the UK)

Hi SkyPhil, sorry not to have seen your original post concerning the Eagle Core but pleased you have it working, at least with Ethernet. I created a thread here-

after getting my unit back in the day (July 2019) but haven't used it much recently having moved to a iOptron GEM28 mount and astro-camera's.

I was able to operate my Eagle Core both by wi-fi using an Android tablet and Ethernet (I used a cross-over Ethernet cable though it might not be necessary depending on your computer). To use wi-fi you employ a different address to when using the Ethernet version. 

Wi-fi use 192.168.4.1

Ethernet cable use 192.168.0.250

At the time I created myself an aide memoire-

Procedure When Using Eagle Core.docx

From memory it was important to connect things in a particular order but was able to use the device numerous times and include guiding.

I recently last posted on the thread that PLL had discontinued the Eagle Core though some retailers were still selling stock. I take it you have a written manual to help setting up?

I hope you can get your unit working on your mobile.

Cheers,
Steve