Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WANTED - Sample ZWO SeeStar S50 raw files

PanaVision

Hello,

Q1. New here.. I'm considering purchasing the SEESTAR S50 scope. I want to also be able to post-process images in SIRIL to achieve my final results. I'm wanting to get ahead of the curve (no pun intended) and learn the post process in Siril before making my purchase. Does anyone (is anyone willing) to let me have a copy of their RAW astro files? .. not bothered what nebulae you shot so long as it's a good example, need biases, darks, flats, lights so I can learn how to post process these. A stacked file would be good too.. but really want to learn the whole process. Any help appreciated here. 

UPDATE: I'm not sure if the S50 can output the individual frames for darks, flats, lights etc.. but if you've got some FIT files that would be good.

Q2. Is the ASIStudio better for post work with the S50 than SIRIL?  If we're just processing pre stacked FIT files. is SIRIL overkill?

Thanks.

Edited by PanaVision

I posted a Seestar 50 FITS file (a stacked file) in the imaging sub-section of this forum.  I am still trying to determine whether the S50 delivers separate FITS files (lights, etc), if one has a different firmware version.  Still figuring out how to process my FITS files.

The no-brainer .jpg files delivered to the controlling smartphone look good, though.