Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cave (Sh2-155) with Ha, SII, OIII, g´, i´, z-s´ filters

Blauvista

Following on from Stu's post , another image into the forum with an unusual colour palette.  Visualising the i´and z-s´photometric filters requires some creativity wrt to the entire colour palette - I chose the following approximate starting points:

g´=> mid blue
O-III => cyan
Ha => yellow
S-II => sunset orange
i´=> crimson
z-s´=> purple

Stars are from the monochrome S-II integration.

Calibration, Registration, Integration in APP, further processing to taste in PS.

The viewing conditions were not as good as was hoped (Rhön, Germany) with intermittent thin cloud and dew that fell with a particularly heavy "thud" 😉 , still most of the data was usable ... 

Total time: 11.5 hrs / ISO 400

Celestron RASA11
10Micron GM1000 HPS
SIGMA fp L (monochrome)
Baader ultra-fast narrowband and SLOAN/SDSS photometric filters

Now that an ASCOM driver is available for the SIGMA fp L this was my first time in the field with NINA / Hocus Focus to focus the RASA - very pleased with how well that went (and how much time it saved vs. my older manual methods) 

Here the result:

Cave_Mark_SEP23-Hydrogen-alpha-session_1-lpc-St_crop_W1366.thumb.jpg.329d45b1c31fdead0473422f3925bd78.jpg

Clear Skies! Mark

Edited by Blauvista
  • Like 1

• Blauvista changed the title to Cave (Sh2-155) with Ha, SII, OIII, g´, i´, z-s´ filters