Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A Request for Redcat 51 Data Please!

The Lazy Astronomer

[Request at the bottom of the post for people uninterested in the backstory]

Backstory:

After a couple of years of doing (mostly) narrowband, I've pretty much realised I don't really like processing it 😅. What I do enjoy though, is regular ol' rgb (maybe sometimes with narrowband enhancement), so that's what I'm looking to do more of now.

At the same time, I'm looking to double up on my imaging time by running dual scopes - a thought I've been having for a while - but current economic situation dictates it must be relatively inexpensive, and because I don't have a permanent setup and I'm far too lazy to make multiple trips from the house and faff about assembling things every clear night, the whole kit must be movable in one go. My current kit weighs around 34kg and is already very near my comfortable carrying capacity. Realistically, this limits me to something light enough so as not to require another counterweight on the mount. I think the redcat 51 would fit this bill nicely. 

My intention is to capture rgb data on the redcat with a OSC (probably a 533), and combine with L from my Esprit 100 & 294MM. But before committing to any purchases, I'd like to have a 'try before you buy' with some redcat 51 data to make some visual comparisons to my existing images. Here endeth the backstory.

My request:

If anyone has some rgb data of any of the targets listed below from a redcat 51 that they'd be happy to share with me, I'd very much appreciate it.

-M27

-M31

-M42

-M101

-M106

-Horsehead nebula

A linear FITS or XISF file of the stack is all want, orientation and framing don't matter, as long as the target is somewhere in the frame. If anyone has anything taken with a 533mc, that would be a bonus too.

Many thanks in advance!