Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Amatuer hour planets - at least I got an Io transit.

powerlord

Not sure what I'm doing wrong really - maybe my baader 2.25 barlow just isn't up to it, and I should try my 2" SW 2x barlow ?

Seeing was apparently excellent last night, and by the FWHM I was getting with my DSOs that rings true. I seemed to be not getting too much jelly seeing with planets too.. So C925, baader 2.25 barlow spaced out from the asi224 with the 42mm spacer that comes with it (12mm or so). Capturing in firecapture at 8 bit. And processing in pipp, autostakker, regex6. Mostly shot with IR blocker, but I shot a bit with an 850mm IR pass too..

But compared the the amazing pics others are getting, I'm afraid they are pretty rubbish.

I did manage to get an Io transit - but it was only really clear in the IR pass caps - same with planetary detail.

So I used that as a luminance layer to sharper up the best colour shot - though that was from 20 mins previous so had to shift it a bit to match up io and shadow.

Saturn is just straight IR block, the IR pass had no more detail so didn't use it.

I did all sorts of nasty topaz stuff on jupiter - don't judge me! 🙂 It was rubbish, so figured I might as well make it look better for family/friends who don't care/know its AI mince.

Any tips for better images ?

Sat_133045.jpg.1e4d2625408dc48e4f683f89aa6912aa.jpg

Jupiter-io.jpg.1f6eaeb488a62204087f881738e8b542.jpg