Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Odd background extraction

Hi, 

I've just run a background extraction in graxpert. (Image if flat and back ground extracted included) the final stacked image I've got some bluring in the area where it is black on the extracted background.

(Pleaseexcuse the crappie photo of the extraction it was an image of my monitor haha)

Do you think this is a sign of tilt or where have I gone wrong? I did all jew calibration frames and get the same every time. All the stars look round in all corners and edges but the extraction looks odd and the starless image has bluring on the edge

IMG_20230827_220316_019.jpg

IMG_20230828_173231_764.jpg

Edited by labtech1122
Incorrect 2nd image uploaded

It's not clear what we are looking at, here.

The green-magenta top image is the subtraction map for background extraction?

What we need to see are the original image screen stretched, the background extraction map and the image screen stretched after the map has been subtracted. JPEGs will do fine for a first look.

Olly

1 hour ago, ollypenrice said:

It's not clear what we are looking at, here.

The green-magenta top image is the subtraction map for background extraction?

What we need to see are the original image screen stretched, the background extraction map and the image screen stretched after the map has been subtracted. JPEGs will do fine for a first look.

Olly

Hi sorry, the green/pink image at the top is a flat frame and the second is the background extraction from a stacked image. When I'm back at my pc I'll get some more images

• Like 1