Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Triangulum Galaxy

hjw

I am trying to get back into this beautiful hobby of ours. I moved halfway around the globe (from Australia to Germany), changed/updated my equipment, struggled with the German weather, built a obsy from scratch and had issues getting all the bits and pieces talking to each other. Finally, it seems, all the puzzle pieces have been falling into place. I spent two nights last week collecting data on M33, the Triangulum Galaxy. I am still trying to get the hang of narrowband processing - a big step from a DSLR. So here is my first ever attempt of M33:

M33-TriangulumGalaxy2.thumb.jpg.ad29229b86668836c059b10b8f9cfd95.jpg

I used a Saxon 200DS (8" Newtonian) on a pier-mounted SW EQ6-R Pro mount, a ZWO ASI1600Pro camera, ZWO filter wheel and filters, auto-focuser, SW ST80 guide scope and ZWO ASI123MC guide camera. I used N.I.N.A. and PHD2 for image acquisition. About 2 hours worth of RGB each (180sec/frame, 139 gain) and 1.5 hour Lum data (90 sec/frame)

Stacked with DSS and processed in Photoshop. The tilted frame border is a beginner's mistake. I forgot to collimate the scope for the first night and accidentally rotated the camera while doing so for the second night. Anyway, good to be back! Waiting for the next clear night. At least the equipment seems to be playing nicely. It's now for the user to catch up!

Clear skies!

• Like 8