NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My white papers now available in English

Over the past four years I have been writing some 14 white-papers on a variety of topics, but all in some way related to astro-imaging. These were, however, published in Dutch on the Dutch astrophotography forum www.Starry-Night.nl. I regularly refer to them on SGL and recommend to open them in Chrome, so that they get automatically translated into English. Although this works reasonably well, the translations are far from perfect, for which I have been asked to publish them somewhere in English. The past few weeks I have been working on that and now these papers are available through my private website.

I have categorized these papers into Hardware and Imaging, where the former category deals with subjects as a Balancing System for side-by-side set-ups, Camera Centring Errors, the Construction of a Collimator, Filter Focus-Offsets, the Collimation of Ritchey-Chrétien Telescopes, Removing Lens-cell Induced Artefacts, Avoiding Newton-Rings in Solar Imaging,  and Stability Measurements of an Astro-Imaging set-up.

The Imaging section deals with Mitigating Imaging Artefacts (30 of them!), Calculating the Optimal Focal Ratio (in 2 parts) and Solar Imaging (with part 2 and part 3).

Hopefully these papers are to use of the members here. Being not a native-English speaker I hope my English (and that of Chrome's translator) is not too much of a challenge (corrections are welcome!).

Enjoy reading!

Nicolàs

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1