Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Finderscope for Star Adventurer Kit?

I use a modified Canon 600D, a Tamron 150-600mm Lens and a Skywatcher Star Adventurer 2i Pro. When I use this kit for my astrophotography I always tend to have trouble finding what I want to look for. Are there any adapters/attachments so I can put my finderscope/red dot finder on my kit so I can find targets more easily?

Cheers

William

I have a similar set up and use a hot shoe adapter and red dot finder and it works fine. Have you considered using plate solving? As the mount you are using does not have goto, plate solving won't be able to make any positioning adjustments but it will indicate were you are actually pointing. Fitting a scale to the declanation axis can also help with accurate positioning (why on earth SW do not do this I don't know)

I have a SA2i and have started using plate solving in NINA which even having to make the adjustments manually is so much quicker than 'guessing' where the target is.

But this would mean you need to connect the camera upto a laptop/miniPC/ASIair...