4K Imaging with Sony IMX415 for 52$

I've been so happy with the purchase I've made recently that I decided to make a video to share with others who simply don't have the $$$ for a ZWO ASI or a DSLR (no offense to ZWO ASI owners but I did take a dig at you in the video lol.gif )

Basically one can buy a security cam based on the Sony IMX415 sensor, which provides amazing views especially of the Moon and Sun at 4K @ 30FPS. 

Now if you do want to buy the same cam, here are the links:

https://www.aliexpre....72761802YQGZHb

https://www.aliexpre....72761802YQGZHb

Astronomy and Astrophotography (at least the solar system) does not have to be expensive! 

Edited by AstralFields

Looks like a good solution for those new to lunar/solar/planetary. But perhaps if you can add what software will support the camera it would help them a bit more, or what you used to capture your examples.

But in any case welcome to SGL.

Steve

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StevieDvd said:

Looks like a good solution for those new to lunar/solar/planetary. But perhaps if you can add what software will support the camera it would help them a bit more, or what you used to capture your examples.

But in any case welcome to SGL.

Steve

Hello , it is the classic .. Sharp Cap. 

In this case I used Sharp Cap 2.9 as this older version allows for direct saving of the MJPG stream , allowing for really nice file sizes (like 10GB for a 10 minute 4K video)

• Like 1