NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cannot adjust longitude on synscan

Hi everybody,

I have found a great hobby, very expensive one, but I am really excited to learn all of this 😉

I have bought a skywatcher 200 PDS and I have some trouble getting the settings to work. Is there anybody here, that can help me?

I really don't understand what I am doing wrong. I live in the Netherlands, so I have tried to put in what is in the instructions:

'The LCD screen will display “Set Longitude” or “Set Latitude“ on the first line, and display
the longitude and latitude on the second line.'

But when I try to put in the longitude, it will not respond to my enter, so it will not go further to latitude. I have found the exact longitude and latitude from my phone and internet, so I know that that isn't the problem. But what is?

I hope that someone understands the issue and can help me from a distance 😉 And sorry if my English is not 100% 😜

Greetings to you all! And thanks in advance!

Noa

Grabbed from the manual - https://inter-static.skywatcher.com/downloads/Synscan_V4_Hand_Control_Manual_SSHCV4-F-161208V1-EN.pdf

Geographic Coordinates

The LCD screen will display “Set Longitude” or “Set Latitude“ on the first line, and display the longitude and latitude on the second line.

• Press the numeric keys at the cursor position to fill in the longitude or latitude digits.

• Use the scroll keys to change east/west longitude or north/south latitude when the cursor blinks on the corresponding characters (E/W for longitude, N/S for latitude).

• Use the Left and Right direction keys to move the cursor. • Press the ENTER key to confirm the input and proceed to the next step. • Press the ESC key to return to the previous step.

However, I had some weirdness with the Celestron version some time back so I feel your pain! You could also get a wifi adapter for your scope, using the app the scope would automatically grab the details from your phones GPS, it's an option 🤷‍♂️

15 minutes ago, Noa said:

I have looked at the latlong.net. Do I have to put in the Lat/Long coordinates or the GPS coordinates?

Because there is a difference between them.

One is in decimal format and the one you want is in degrees 👇

A82C9804-6EBC-48DC-9914-7D252BE42DA3.jpeg.9f0edd24447507176cefe1e307f2039d.jpeg