NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

From Deneb to Sadr, SY135/RC571c/NBZ

tomato

I have put the RASA8 and SY135 on the mount for the hazy, crazy summer imaging season, and pointed them at NGC 6914 last night. The RASA data had a huge diagonal light gradient, caused I think, by a neighbour's directly opposite outside floodlight coming on and off a few times while their dog did it's business in the garden, at least he didn't start barking at the dome as it rotated...

The SY135 was a bit of an afterthought, so I spent no time eliminating tilt, and I ran it at F2.8 with the lens diaphragm, hence the elaborate diffraction pattern around Deneb. I thought BXT would deal with the rough star shapes  but it left black rings around the brighter stars and in my usual casual manner I didn't save the interim frames that I used to create the false colour image so I can't go back and run BXT on different settings, oh well.

I think some of the floodlight contribution still remains in the bottom third of the image but I was happy with the result from 90 minutes of data.

Image08APBkgnd.thumb.jpg.cc6e3e7399c50c907df6d41e6b0d7987.jpg

Image08APBkgnd_Annotated.thumb.jpg.d18449e14af6fa553e48b600d82217a5.jpg

• Like 11