SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A lost evening trying to get my Sesto Senso 2 to work

Last night I took the opportunity (as we finally had great clear skies) to run an autofocus routine with my new Sesto Senso 2.

I connected the play software correctly and ran a calibration from zero to just before max out.

Calibration successful.

I closed play and went into NINA and selected the focusser from the drop down list.

Heres where the issue comes:-

Nina spins and spins and then I get an error from Ascom saying conflict in Com 4

This happened repeatedly even after disconnect and reconnect, reboot etc.

Then suddenly there it was showing the correct position and connected successfully.

So I entered a new position and tried to move it in NINA to the new position. Didnt budge; the little red "X" didnt change colour and nothing happened.

So I tried to run an autofoocus routine and found that the motor will move the rack outwards by the amount I have asked for and start the graph, however it fails to move inwards to complete the graph.

Power was steady red and on.

Currently linked through a hub into my PC (could this be the issue I wonder)

I have heard that it could be worthwhile completely removing the software and reloading (really!!)

I have the latest Ascom version, but should I reload this do you think.

3 hours completely lost last night

Any pointers would be very helpfull

Thanks

Nick

Check that the Focuser Manager software and Sesto Senso firmware are the same version. I was having all kinds of issues with my installation until I realised what was happening.

But I don't use NINA so can't help you there.

• Like 1