Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M13 - The Great Cluster in Hercules (LRGB - 8 hours intergration)

CKemu

Shot over three nights from my garden in Looe (Class 4 Bortle).

ATIK490ex | SkyWatcher Esprit 100ED | OAG/Filterwheel/Flattener | 4 x 30 x 240s (8 Hours in L,R,G,B) + adjusted master flat for dust motes.
Deep Sky Stacker for rejection, registration and alignment - all layers, levels and saturation done within Photoshop CC.

It's been five or so months since I last even had the scope out, and longer yet since I "finished" an image, so I'm certainly rusty, heck I am looking at it now and just noticed gradients (grumble), but overall pretty pleased with the result and really enjoying the clear weather and sunny days allowing me to keep the scope out and ready to go for the next night.

Oddly, I think my favourite part of this image is spotting the background galaxies and trying to find out how far away they are - IC4617 for instance is 489 million light years away, and there's fainter ones in the image, that makes me wonder just how far we can see in this image.

M13-LRGB36-30-30-30.thumb.jpg.6506b663c6961abc1a0932cd9b963d92.jpg

• Like 14