First light with repaired Qhy268m

assouptro

Hi Stargazers! 

it’s been a while since I posted an image 

I have been waiting for 6 months for a faulty Qhy268m I bought last year to be sent to and return from China! 
I was fortunate the camera was still under warranty and even though I wasn’t the original purchaser of the camera Rupert from Astrograph.net was amazingly helpful, taking the camera back and dealing with the repair for me! 

Since getting it back, I have had to set it up with the current scope I have mounted and then learn how to navigate Nina (which I am slowly becoming a fan of!) and Cmos imaging!

I haven’t managed to get enough colour subs to produce a final image but I’m pleased with what I have achieved in less than 2 hours 4min subs high gain mode 56/26 (my starting pain/offset whilst I learn the intricacies of Cmos) 

Surprisingly quick processing too apart from the initial stacking due to the 50Mb file size, very different to CCD. 

anyway, I could waffle on but I won’t….

Here it is.

AACB4E47-FA7B-4E22-93B8-ECC3DDA8FE49.thumb.jpeg.0a2ea2d8eaa509c9b301aaf14680ff96.jpeg
Meade 12” lx200 with Starizona LF reducer 

I could have squeezed more from the background, but will leave that to the final image with the colour subs (still waffling, sorry!) 

Thanks for looking 

Cheers 

Bryan

• Like 4