NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cepheus - Widefield Mosaic of 90MP

powerlord

I took this data in September last year, but I'm only now getting around to editing it as I sort of forgot I had it.

It's a 4 panel mosaic, shot with my SY135, asi2600 and L-ultimate filter. At the time, my asi2600 had quite a tilt, so I had to fart around with the stars quite a lot to get them to not look terrible - I think that was what made me put it aside originally.

However, fresh eyes, etc - and had another go. I've went for HSO for a change. 6 hours of imaging in total, so not a lot really - over 2 nights originally.

So pretty noisy, but there's limits to what even Mr Croman's NoiseX can do, and pushing the noise removal any higher was just destroying to detail in the faint bits - so it is what it is.

Editing in Siril and Affinity Photo, with Russell's plugins of course.

The full 90MP has been uploaded, so feel free to click on it and zoom in and wander about - find the bubble, the lobster claws, wizard, elephants trunk - it's all in there.

stu

cepheus-90mp.thumb.jpg.41e35d51c9e10d65ba5991f288f94062.jpg

Edited by powerlord
  • Like 9