Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Is this tilt ?

I recently just purchased a Poseidon C Pro camera ,manged to process a couple of images but I think I may have tilt on one side .

please can any one confirm this or do I just need to adjust back focus better. Guiding was very good on all the nights .5 to .6 ,not snagging cables ect.

see enclosed image from ccd inspector and links to full size images.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MHSlKvlyLiS1jGrDSAS1udoHGmR9bqA5/view?usp=share_link

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bzWqQiho-SZCczyN--MzJjhBh2IB1Vsl?usp=share_link

tilt.png

What scope and flattener/reducer do you use? I can see some slightly elongated stars in some corners, not quite symmetric, so it may indicate some tilt or miscollimation. But in my opinion it is really minimal and hard to notice unless at 100-200%. You could provide raw FIT file to estimate it more accurate. 

When you analyze an image with CCDInspector there should be no nebulosity in the frame, so it is better to capture some star field alone. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, drjolo said:

What scope and flattener/reducer do you use? I can see some slightly elongated stars in some corners, not quite symmetric, so it may indicate some tilt or miscollimation. But in my opinion it is really minimal and hard to notice unless at 100-200%. You could provide raw FIT file to estimate it more accurate. 

When you analyze an image with CCDInspector there should be no nebulosity in the frame, so it is better to capture some star field alone. 

Many thanks will try that.

2 hours ago, drjolo said:

I use a WO z73 with the dedicated adjustable field flattener.

Firstly, a stacked image is not the best for checking star shape.

Look at a single short exposure, stretched if necessary, to avoid guiding and stacking errors.

Take a second short exposure with the camera rotated 90 degrees.

Comparison will tell you if the sensor is tilted, or the rest of the kit.

I'd say the Horse Head has tilt, but the other two jpgs look okay.

Michael

• Like 1