NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

StellaLyra 6" f/12 M-CRF Classical Cassegrain Telescope OTA

11 minutes ago, bosun21 said:

The 6” CC benefits over the 127(120 really) for light grasp and resolution. As regards imaging I couldn’t comment.

Is it worth the switch from a 127 as it’ll need collminating ? For a start 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beardy30 said:

Is it worth the switch from a 127 as it’ll need collminating ? For a start 

Personally from owning both of them I wouldn’t buy the 6”CC if I already had the 127. Now the 8” is another matter.

Edited by bosun21
Typo

47 minutes ago, bosun21 said:

Personally from owning both of them I wouldn’t buy the 6”CC if I already had the 127. Now the 8” is another matter.

Yea but very expensive and out of my reach as it would also mean a new mount for me so a whole new rig sadly not possible 

33 minutes ago, Beardy30 said:

Yea but very expensive and out of my reach as it would also mean a new mount for me so a whole new rig sadly not possible 

I wasn’t saying that you should buy one! I was merely saying that to notice a large difference from your 127 that’s what you would need ( or the 180 Maksutov) I loved my 127 and used it a great deal. 

9 minutes ago, bosun21 said:

I wasn’t saying that you should buy one! I was merely saying that to notice a large difference from your 127 that’s what you would need ( or the 180 Maksutov) I loved my 127 and used it a great deal. 

I see, yes the 127 is superb and much underrated, Maks in general I find have given me the most versatile viewing and are low maintenance compared to a reflector for example 

Edited by Beardy30

1 minute ago, Beardy30 said:

I see, yes the 127 is superb and much underrated, Mak in general I find have given me the most versatile viewing and are low maintenance compare to a reflector for example 

And I’ve never had to collimate it either, unlike my reflector.