NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Saturn - first in April

Attached you can find my latest images of Saturn. The seeing was good but transparency was average. Anyway I tried to push to F22 but failed yet again. I still think the weather is holding me back but I'm not certain. F16 was possible and I think these are my best images yet.

I took on average 1400 to 1800 frames and processed them through Registax as usual.

Telescope: Mewlon M250@ 1.5x F11 with ExtQ

Camera : Philips SPC900

I'm begining to see the camera as the weak link in my Lunar and Planetary images but it still maybe all down me me?

Hope you all like them, Neil.

post-15658-133877364178_thumb.jpg

post-15658-133877364182_thumb.jpg

post-15658-133877364185_thumb.jpg

They look pretty good to me Neil, although very dim on my screen and I had to up the contrast and brightness a bit. ;)

Just one thing, did you do a RGB align in Registrax?

I'm with you on the camera though. I'm going to get a better one soon.

Sorry, yes your right about the brightness, they also look dim on my work computer. I adjusted them on my Apple and the screen is a lot better / brighter.

I didn't do an RGB alignment, just the standard single point alignment with the quality set at 85%. I did increase the sigma clipping to 3 form 2 and that helped.

Yes, the camera is good enough to begin with but its fast becoming the weak link unless someone knows how to continue to improve the captures using this particular web-cam, I'm always open to suggestions?

Already tried an IR pass filter.

Neil.

Archived