Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First Galaxy M33

sinbad40

Looks like you have clipped blacks quite heavily in the background, this might seem like a good way to make the galaxy jump forward but i find that it does the opposite when the outer edges of the galaxy just suddenly disappear instead of fading into the background.

Try leaving the background to somewhere around 20-30 (out of 255)?

Also looks like a bit of gradient, which may be why you ended up clipping the blacks on the top left but not the bottom right. Some background extraction tool will make short work of that gradient and allow you to produce an image with a smooth background (Siril has a good tool, and its free). I think you would get some more out of the image if you tried that with the data you already have as you have gathered quite a bit with this integration.

Thanks for the input, and yes, i did do it that way, as it was quite light in the background.  Still have all the original data, and will be going thought it again, to see if i can improve on it.  Tried using ABE and DBE from PI, but seems to flash the image to bright light, or pitch black9defo got something going wrong at that point), so looking at sorting that bit out before i do star removal to get it to pop a bit, then put them back.

Bit of messing to clear the corner light up, and maybe too much colour, but getting to look better in some parts, just need to reduce the star count and a bit of the egg shape, but i think that can wait for now.  Maybe the mount mod and a Reducer/Flattener for Christmas.

image.thumb.jpeg.972b7c33290c3a40a217a428754f1f83.jpeg