Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New 1000Wh Lithium Power Station for $499.99

curtisca17

Lithium power stations are becoming more common as the choice for powering our gear when we are away from home.  These consist of one or more regulated DC outputs, an AC inverter, multiple USB charging ports, an internal solar charge controller, etc.  Jackery is probably the most widely known brand and has a good reputation for good reason.  However, something like the Jackery 1000 which supplies 1000Wh of energy will set you back ~$800 to $950 depending on whether or not it is on sale.  I just finished 4 months of testing (at home and in the field) a new entry to the power station market which supplies the same total energy as the Jackery 1000 but will only set you back $499.99.  I think this one from may be a winner at only $0.50 per Wh and can even begin to compete on cost per Wh with stand alone LiFePO4 batteries.  If the company EBL is unfamiliar to you, it also was to me, but they have been around making batteries since the 90s.  You can find the full review either on the blog section of my web site or on YouTube here.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZldEI-GMHU&t=1s

Best Regards,

Curtis

Thanks for posting. I know of EBL for small Li and NiMH cells/batteries. Not the big stuff.
I took a look and noticed a couple of things of interest to non-USA users.

A brief search suggested the item is not available in the UK.
I mention this as SGL is largely UK based. At which point all our overseas members shout loudly🤣

The high voltage output is 110V. Most countries worldwide use 220V/240V mains, which probably explains non-availability in the UK.

While many switched mode power supplies (for scopes, laptops, etc) are universal input, not all are, and some have voltage selection links.
Linear power supplies are another 'check before connecting'.
As for using a fan or other motor device on 110V, read the appliance label before connecting.

Thinking about personally importing from overseas. I saw no mention of transport approvals.
If this is the case, individual imports are out of the question.
You will have to wait for a distributor to deal with the considerable work involved.

Thanks again for posting, David.