Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Morocco desert cloud cover in November

paddyb

I’m just about to book a trip to Morocco and plan to be out in the desert near Zagora around the time of the new moon on 23 Nov.

I’d briefly seen some climate info and noted that it would be quite cool, but with very little chance of rain, but looking at the info here, it seems there is a fair chance of cloud cover in November.
https://weatherspark.com/y/34027/Average-Weather-in-Zagora-Morocco-Year-Round

Even if there isn’t cloud cover, is the amount of moisture in the air likely to affect results?

Are my plans thwarted? How does this chart compare to other dark sky areas you may have experience of?

Edited by paddyb

2 hours ago, paddyb said:

I’m just about to book a trip to Morocco and plan to be out in the desert near Zagora around the time of the new moon on 23 Nov.

I’d briefly seen some climate info and noted that it would be quite cool, but with very little chance of rain, but looking at the info here, it seems there is a fair chance of cloud cover in November.
https://weatherspark.com/y/34027/Average-Weather-in-Zagora-Morocco-Year-Round

Even if there isn’t cloud cover, is the amount of moisture in the air likely to affect results?

Are my plans thwarted? How does this chart compare to other dark sky areas you may have experience of?

Just used that site to check the cloud cover statistics for places in Finland i have used, and it does seem fairly accurate although quite depressing to see (5% clear for november). You still have a good at least 50% chance of clear skies in that Morocco location so would be unlucky if all of your stay was cloudy.

Thanks for your reply. I think I should plan to spend a feww days outr there to hedge by bets a bit - it's bad one day, hopefully better the next day.

I understand that the dryness of the air also has an effect on visability, so with the chance of cloud cover I'm guessing that the air is generally mosier than at other time of year. How much differance do you think that will make?