Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Meade thumbscrews?

Hello everyone.

Can anyone tell me what size the thumbscrews are that fix the position of the finder scope on a Meade LX90, as supplied? I think maybe they are M4x0.7mm pitch- am I correct? I'm missing one of the 6 supplied. Ebay may be a source of supply for generic ones, but I kind of like the black alloy ones if I can get them (at the right price of course!). If I have the thread details wrong, can anyone tell me what I need? Thank you everyone!

Hello Michael

Not sure at all how old it is, it has alloy screws, TBH I can measure them, and put my thread gauge on them, but was asking for a quick and lazy answer while I was also on eBay, where there are lots of M4x30mm anodized screws available in all colours of the rainbow, and I could have ordered there and then. Not to worry, I'll find out one way or another. I note I can get the same in plastic too, which may be a better option. Cheers!