NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Can anyone recommend a good dew shield for the skywatcher 200P?

That mirror is like 1m down the tube, so I can't see a dew shield of any practical size being helpful. I think you need some warmth at the mirror. Some people put a small hand warmer at the back of the mirror. Perhaps someone here has some experience in that regard.

I never had issues with dew on the primary of my old 200P. Do you mean the secondary? Either way, you can get straps for 8" scopes and secondary heaters like this. Would need a 12V source, but something to think about. 

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/dew-prevention/4tronix-secondary-mirror-heater-for-8-12-inch-newtonian-telescopes.html

Is the primary dewing up when the scope is in use? Never had that happen on my 8 inch when using it, but it dews up when bringing the scope inside which is more or less unavoidable.

For the front end you can get any flexible dew shield and cut it with scissors to fit your scope. Like this one: https://www.firstlightoptics.com/dew-prevention/astro-essentials-flexible-dew-shield-for-8-telescopes.html

Just cut gaps for your focuser/secondary spider mounting screws to fit your tube. Its unnecessarily long otherwise so plenty of material to cut from.

Make a drawstring-bag in some dark cloth, and put a medium-size dew heater band inside. Make a circle of the band, and orient it like the scope inside the bag. Tie it over the bottom of the scope. This will heat the mirror and tube from beneath. It will also stop light leaks both ways. Have imaged in -15 celsius without rime, dew or frost. The secondary is trickier. Most often the gentle heat keeps it clean, but to be safe you can install the specially made heater element from 4Tronix. Works like a charm. Be aware, this does NOT fit on secondarys on StellaLyra, they have a different design on the holder. Lastly, you can flock the tube. This was a bonus I discovered after flocking my first, the problems with due and moist almost vanished.

I was experiencing the odd session when my secondary mirror would start to dew up. I bought the Astro Essentials 8” dew shield which remedied the problem. I have never experienced any dew on my primary mirror. My dobsonian is the Stella Lyra, but they are basically all the same design.

I cant say i have ever had my primary dew over in my 10 inch, the secondary is another matter altogether, which is why i have Orions dew zapper.  Dew is now a non-issue for me.  Maybe try running the fan on the scope.  Moving air always helps keep stuff clear