NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Pixel6 Cassiopeia widefield: 2 hours

Got about 2 hours worth of 17 second exposures last week, but it took a long time for me to process them into something even remotely good due to issues with flats and the pixel6's... unusual camera quirks.

Yet, I still have something to show!:

1582724219_CassiopeiaWidefieldPixel6.thumb.jpg.b2a10b9a59a24d2c5fed6cd0c51bef34.jpg2029399527_Ver1annotated.thumb.jpg.b189a484e88af8e79528f143fa79a889.jpg

Sadly the Pixel6 has a pair of unusual lens problems: First is that it has atroceous off-axis internal reflections, which I think are the cause of the ring around the images. The second is a super-high density of hot pixels. I did my best to ensure the stacking process would be able to remove them, but many remain and the dark noise in the background is still very strong.

Edited by pipnina
  • Like 8

21 minutes ago, allworlds said:

Despite the artefacts, still a really cool image. Did you have it on the tracking mount?

I used my star adventurer, ball-head mount, and a little phone-holding clip I found in Lidl for £14 haha.

I nudged the phone left-right-up-down between bursts of exposures to try and move the hot pixels around, and it mostly worked but there is still some left over.

In a previous edit I caught some of the heart and soul, but they haven't made an appearance this time : (