NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

TS Optics 152 Achromat

Is anyone using one of the older versions of these with the Crayford 2.5" focuser?  If so, are you able to assist with the precise nature of and the size of the OTA to focuser adapter?  The new rack and pinion versions are described on the TS website as M109x1 female, M95x1 female, but mine does not look like a screw fit adapter. Instead, it appears held on with three small grub screws.  I can take it off to see the precise nature of the fixing and measure its size but thought I would ask before I get the tools out 😂

Thinking of upgrading to a TS 2.5" or 3" rack and pinion focuser as the Crayford is struggling with the QHY268M and filter wheel.  Lost a moonless night of remote imaging last night due to slippage (one of the drawbacks of remote operation is not being able to pop down the bottom of the garden when things go sideways 🙄).

Many thanks.

That sounds like a Synta made scope with that 3 screw attachment method.  If you measure the circumference and divide by π (~3.14), you should get the outer tube diameter.  The inner diameter will be a few millimeters less.  At that point, you can start to search for a Synta focuser adapter (or Synta native focuser) in the correct size.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Louis D said:

That sounds like a Synta made scope with that 3 screw attachment method.  If you measure the circumference and divide by π (~3.14), you should get the outer tube diameter.  The inner diameter will be a few millimeters less.  At that point, you can start to search for a Synta focuser adapter (or Synta native focuser) in the correct size.

Many thanks Louis, I am most grateful for the advice.