IC 5070 Pelican Ha

markse68

Just playing around with some data I've been collecting for the HOYs project, struggling with LP gradients so not getting a good colour image yet but the Ha looks ok. 140mins from bortle 8/9 SE London, 8" f4.5, QSI583, Astronomik 6nm Ha.

636977361_IC5070Pelicanr_pp_Ha_stackedMarkSeaton.thumb.jpg.8dbb597091e1a289597b0183dbe65404.jpg

Mark

• Like 6

Thanks Peds, I'm not very experienced with all this so not sure I can give you useful feedback- I chose the 6nm on cost haha plus i use the Astronomik deep sky RGB so it matches for focusing. It seems to work well for me though- I don't see any of the LP gradients I get on LRGB and only need dark/flat calibration (no background extraction) I suspect narrower would be better though?

Mark

• Like 1

This is the best I can get for colour-RGBHa. it's very red but its mainly Ha so I guess it is. Something funny going on with the bright star cores- probably from stretching too much, and the lp gradient I can't seem to get rid of. It looks better in B&W haha

1371634060_IC5070RGBHanoBKGlevelledtoR.thumb.jpg.073def5f8138a9d17813dd6e1fd8ae80.jpg

Mark

Edited by markse68