Heart and Soul Widefield

mackiedlm

last Friday was promised clear but with a nearly full moon, some high haze and passing cloud it turned out to be far from perfect.

This is around 7 hours with the Sharpstar 61EDPHII, ASI2600mc, L-eNhance filter.

R_B_PSrecomb1f.thumb.jpg.796e583c19bc894936dc24ea790384eb.jpg

C&C Welcome.

• Like 13

very nice and sharp. Maybe a personal thing - but maybe try it and see what you think ? - invert it, and do an SCNR in Siril or if you use PI, the 'remove magenta stars' does the same thing. I think you'll find it will make those blues pop more, and make the ha more 'firey'. Then again, I'm probably teaching egg sucking and you prefer it that way - that's the great thing about this hobby - individual expression. great image 👍

Edited by powerlord

3 hours ago, powerlord said:

very nice and sharp. Maybe a personal thing - but maybe try it and see what you think ? - invert it, and do an SCNR in Siril or if you use PI, the 'remove magenta stars' does the same thing. I think you'll find it will make those blues pop more, and make the ha more 'firey'. Then again, I'm probably teaching egg sucking and you prefer it that way - that's the great thing about this hobby - individual expression. great image 👍

Thanks for the comment and the suggestion. I'll give it a go tomorrow and see how it looks.

On 12/10/2022 at 18:28, powerlord said:

Ok so heres the image with the magenta removed as suggested.

R_B_PSrecomb1f_lessmagenta.thumb.jpg.c85d7593289ccac6e80c023fa29adce1.jpg

While the blue is better I'm not keen at all on the brown of the Ha.

This was another version i did earlier where i was trying, without much success for the gold colours of the Ha

OB_Finalf.thumb.jpg.08b05177aa571d871a23cad47af389f7.jpg

Thanks for the comments / suggestions. Its always valuable to try a different approach.