SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Bino Session Tonight - 28 March 2009

Hi all - went outside for a brief session last night. Probably the best night so far with the 9x63s. Sky was more transparent (could just about make out the Praesepe cluster by eye).

Highlights included:

NGC 869, 884: very nice Double Cluster - rich star field.

M103: quite clear tonight but not as good as...

NGC 663: this was very obvious tonight as a patch of starlight. First time through binos.

Alpha Per (Mirfak): this was a glorious sight tonight - plenty of bright stars and looping chains.

M34: very good sighting - clear patch of starlight.

M36, 37, 38 - great sight - all three clusters were very clear and bright.

M35 - plenty of detail tonight at the foot of the Twins.

M44 - the night's highlight, the Beehive (Praesepe) was very clear, with many stars. Really stood out in the field of view.

M67 - an easy spot, but not too much to see.

M45 - the Pleiades looked great, with many faint stars to see, could follow the chains of winding stars.

Hyades - great detail available and rewarded extended observation.

Orion Neb etc - getting a bit low now, and only just available over the rooftops.

Thanks for reading.

Ed

You had a good night Ed. Thank you for your report.

I was out tonight with the GT100's. M51-M81-M82 were excellent tonight. The binoculars gave me a better view than my Equinox 120,or should I say,a more pleasing view.

The trio in Auriga are always good,my favourites. Have a look at NGC457 in Cassiopeia next time you're out. Pretty easy to find and well worth the effort.

Clear Skies.

Glen.

Archived