SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Camera rotator for TS Photoline 80mm F6

Can anyone help with this? I really don't know what to do.

After adding a WO camera rotator and the dedicated TS x0.8 reducer into my imaging train, I can't perform an Autofocus routine on my ASIair. There simply isn't enough room. The focus position leaves 5mm of inward focuser travel. The Autofocus closes this gap. I need a few more mm.

Is this normal? Surely I should be able to incorporate a rotator for image framing. I could solve it by removing the WO rotator but that means I will need to rotate the tube in the rings for image framing, plus this will cause an off balance.

I found another possible solution of adding an M48 Artesky rotator into the backspacing, but now I can't find a 15mm m48 extension that is female to female to do this.

The yellow arrow shows the focus position and the 5mm gap left of inward travel. 

20220918_170028.thumb.jpg.01e187af812686f1957d6372c876e9b9.jpg

Edited by Pitch Black Skies

• Pitch Black Skies changed the title to Camera rotator for TS Photoline 80mm F6
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...