SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M33 Triangulum

jacko61

Passed up the chance to look at Jupiter's opposition so I could point my rig at M33. Perfect clear skies all night despite the Astronomy tools cloud forecast saying it would be at least 30% covered. I managed about 2 1/2 hours at 4 minute exposure; Altair 150EDF with 0.8x reducer, ZWO ASI2600MC pro on a skywatcher EQ8R pro. 35 x 240 second lights with calibration captured in APT, stacked in DSS and processed in  Startools with some final tweaking in GIMP.  I'm not sure how the colours will look - on my laptop they're superb but if I connect to my telly it starts to get a bit purpley.

Graeme

(got a 40 second video of Jupiter at 02:30 just before I shut down for the night - wrong camera and no Barlow but I did get the GRS. I'll have a proper go next clear night. The picture is 1000 frames out of 2000, Sharpcap, Autostakkert and Registax/GIMP)

triangulum2x.jpg

jupiter3.jpg

Edited by jacko61
  • Like 4