Narrowband

Mars night two

Mart29

Did another all night, Jupiter from 12 till 3:30 then Mars and the Moon till 5:30.

Sooooo, tried 😅 

Had to fight clouds for the first half , Jupiter ducking in and out. Still got really good views ,Jupiter was super bright! The barlow wasn't the best choice tonight so went with the 10mm HD Edge and TeleVu DeLite 11mm. Again , the DeLite was the better performing. 

Nipped in for coffee and waited 1/2 hour before heading back out. Very clear now and Mars and the Moon had rose up nicely. 

X2 barlow straight on the 11mm for 2 hours on Mars.  Started off very bright on Mars but thinking this was the Moon glaring. Eventually the dusty red disc darkened and showed good dark / shaded areas.  

Mars the last two early mornings has been the highlight of the year so far.

Image below of how close the Moon and Mars are . 

And a Moon image taken on the mobile screenshot from the video I did.Screenshot_20220913-052933_Gallery.thumb.jpg.6f82b0824093d1f2934ce247b454d5fa.jpg

20220916_044421.thumb.jpg.2cf40a3dda25c1778b8e874967475674.jpg

Edited by Mart29
  • Like 9

Sounds like a brilliant session! Tbh, I got confused by the second photo. On casual glance it looked like a shot of Orion’s trapezium! Only on close inspection I realised these were actual clouds partially covering the moon!

Mars and the moon are indeed very close atm.

Did you observe the whole time, ie through the night?

Thanks again for the report!

Frank

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Froeng said:

Sounds like a brilliant session! Tbh, I got confused by the second photo. On casual glance it looked like a shot of Orion’s trapezium! Only on close inspection I realised these were actual clouds partially covering the moon!

Mars and the moon are indeed very close atm.

Did you observe the whole time, ie through the night?

Thanks again for the report!

Frank

Yep, did all night with lots of coffee,  surprised how fast the time went! I haven't had a decent session on Mars so went all out.

• Like 1