Starnet ++ Gremlins

AMcD

Yesterday Starnet++ worked as expected, in the same way it has since I downloaded it.  Today it produces only black images with vertical artefacts.  🤔

I have made no changes to my system between yesterday and today (although I shut the computer down last night and turned it on again this morning.  Is anybody able to suggest what might be going on (on CN there is a suggestion that installing the NVIDIA CUDA package (the one that is meant to speed up Starnet significantly) solves the problem, but it does not seem to).

Any assistance gratefully appreciated.

You don't mention whether you're using Starnet++ on it's own or with other software but, in the PixInsight version there's a "Linear" tick box on the Starnet settings window.

Are you maybe trying to make a non-linear image starless with the linear setting selected, or vice versa?

8 hours ago, Budgie1 said:

You don't mention whether you're using Starnet++ on it's own or with other software but, in the PixInsight version there's a "Linear" tick box on the Starnet settings window.

Are you maybe trying to make a non-linear image starless with the linear setting selected, or vice versa?

Thanks for the quick response Martin.  Something very strange is going on.  I am using Starnet ++ as a freestanding application to process 16bit TIF files produced in PS.  It works on the small test TIF that comes with the Starnet ++ GUI download.  It also works my older 16bit TIF files from earlier in the year.  It suddenly refuses however, to work on 16 bit TIF files from yesterday!  I have looked at these new 16bit TIF files and cannot see that I have done anything to them that I have not done to the older files on which Starnet works fine.  Very weird...

On 12/09/2022 at 23:47, Budgie1 said:

It would appear that the problem was something to do with the image I was working on.  I restacked the integrations and re-processed the image, on which Starnet++ worked fine.  I suspect I accidentally 'pushed a button' when processing the original image that led to Starnet giving the results it did.🙄

• Like 1