SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Celestron Edge 8" & Esatto 2"

Looking for peoples opinions on whether I'm likely to have a back focus issue with a proposed config. Currently , I have an Edge 8" which I mainly use for lunar and planetary. I would like to be able to try image some DSO / Galaxies later in the year.  Im looking more at the Esatto 2 instead of the LP as I want to be able to use with and without the reducer , without - the LP looks as if it might get stuck with the mirror locks.  I'm assuming I cant put a spacers here to clear the "locks" - as I'm less worried about the image edge as this will be in planetary and lunar setup.

Celestron 8" Edge + Focal reducer + Esatto 2 + "OAG" + ASI 2600mc  - my calculations show this to be about 102mm (leaving 3 mm to play with) - if I use the ZWO OAG L . However, a google appears to show people cant get focus for the OAG as it hits the Esatto ?? Does anyone use this type of config?

Any thoughts would be gratefully recevied.