Is my setup any good?

Just wondering what the opinion is off the setup I'm planning on using to start my stargazing/astrophotography. 

I have a Nikon d750 selection of lenses but my biggest being a Sigma 150-500mm f4.5 (I think) I also recently purchased a sky watcher star adventurer 2i along with King joy tripod for additional weight should I look into telescopes in the future.

What sort of results could I expect to get with what I have to use and how easy is polar aligning the tracker?

Thanks

Stevie

You should be good to go, have you got an intervalometer or does the 750 have one built in? I believe the camera is good, been looking for one myself as it's full frame.

The lens may be an issue, people have managed but I have never got focus with a variable zoom lens, the latest being a Sigma 70-300mm Apo. You can but try. I tend to use prime manual lenses as a result.

Polar aligning the SA is fairly straightforward, and made easier if your tripod is high enough so you don't need to sit on the floor craning your neck upward. In principle however a shorter, thick leg sections tripod with less number of leg sections will be more stable.

If its cool/cold/humid where you are, a dew heater for the lens may also help, a lens hood will also help with stray light hitting the lens. A ball head will also be needed so you can point the camera wherever.

• Thanks 1